This class provides a summary of the key knowledge areas affording project inspector competency of the rules, regulations, standards, procedures and inspection techniques associated with public school construction projects under DSA jurisdiction. This class covers the following material:
- Updates to the Title 24, California Code of Regulations, Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 9 as well as other applicable codes and standards, such as Title 19 and NFPA standards, which are relevant to construction project inspection and certification.
- Plan Reading
- New construction oversight procedures associated with the required inspections, communications, and documentation of the construction work:
- Become familiar with Procedure PR 13-01 and new series of required DSA forms.
- Learn how to use DSAbox.
- Learn how to fill out the DSA 152 Project Inspection Card through examples.
- Become familiar with the DSA 152 Inspection Card Manual.
- Structural Safety
- Fire-life Safety
- Material Testing
- Architects, project engineers, construction managers, contractors, school district personnel and others interested in learning about construction and inspection procedures for public school projects under DSA jurisdiction.
NOTE: While this class is beneficial to everyone involved in school construction, it is designed for DSA-Certified Project Inspectors with a background in construction and inspection.
- DSA-Certified Project Inspectors. Inspectors must attend this class within their four-year certification period as one of the requirements for re-certification.
- Professional training materials include a class binder containing the instructors’ presentations, exercises and resource information. Visual aids and other class-related materials may also be utilized.
- Food and drinks are not included.