- This one-day course provides an overview of the various Federal and State regulations, standards and guidelines related to transient lodging, housing at a place of education, and social service center establishments. The main focus of the course is Chapter 11B of the California Building Code (CBC).
- Chapter 11A (housing) is not covered. For Chapter 11A training, contact the California Department of Housing and Community Development.
- For more detailed information, view the Learning Objectives for this class.
- Overview of 2010 American with Disabilities Act Standards for Accessible Design, and Fair Housing Act Guidelines.
- Applicability of Federal and State regulations to transient lodging, housing at a place of education, and social service center establishments.
- Main focus is the scoping and technical sections in Chapter 11B of the CBC.
- Requirements for new construction, additions and alterations.
- Available reference materials provided by Federal and State Agencies.
- Design Professionals
- Local Building Officials
- Building Contractors
- Facility Managers
- Project Inspectors
- Other Interested parties
- Professional training materials and resources available to download and print
- Food and drink not included
- 5 AIA / CES Learning Units / HSW Credits
- 5 CASp (CBC credit) / CAB Continuing Education Units
- Note: To receive Continuing Education Units, you are required to attend the entire class.
|Dates, locations and times for this class have not yet been determined. If you would like to be notified as soon as registration becomes available, please click on the "Notify Me" link at right.||Notify Me|